Wednesday, March 30, 2016

That Travel Bug Feeling

If you love traveling, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
That feeling when you've been in one place for a little too long, when home starts to feel claustrophobic, even with family and friends surrounding you.

Yeah, that feeling.

That sinking feeling of needing to get out of here before you go crazy. When you haven't been anywhere for a couple of months and it starts eating away at you (not literally).


That travel bug (also not literal) keeps you awake at night, sometimes. It makes you realize that being home, even though it is such a blessing when you are there, can feel like a trap.
Just getting away, even for a couple of days can feel like a breath of fresh air.
It's not only about the destination even, the journey itself is more than freeing, but when you get there, that's it.
You are free.

Being somewhere new strengthens you, it empowers you, it drives you to be alert and ready.
It prepares you for the every day, for the world. Travel is more than just going from place to place, it is the reason for all the variations of life out there. Travel makes learning possible, from culture to culture.

I have never felt better than when I get off a flight and realize I'm somewhere new.
Sometimes, the feeling is incredibly hard to explain or even understand, but it's there and I know it to be true.


Wanderlust describes it well in the fact that it's a longing for places you have never been or want to go. That is me on the daily.
If you're anything like me, you have to keep your mind busy when you're home or else you start to second guess everything you're doing.
That's why I plan. I am constantly seeking options for what could be. My Pinterest pages are filled with travel related stories and tips, my Airbnb account has over 20 wishlists, and I'm in constant envy of all the photos from Instagram I see.

So planning is where I'm at. Constantly. Looking up how much flights might cost, seeing how lodging may play a factor in overall expense, and what kind of activities I could do once I'm wherever.
This travel bug is not going away and the only way to relax it, is to go.
Time is precious and I cannot wait to get out there and see the world, but it'll take time. I am not the proud owner of a lucrative travel blog, nor am I rich and/or famous and can pay for said trips at the drop of a hat. I have to work, to earn my way around, but I'll get there.


If you feel that feeling like I do, you know, there will never be anything that can stop me from wanting more than where I'm at now. There is no cure.

So, is it time to go yet?

Cheers and safe travels everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment